I’ve been up to my neck in work the last few weeks, which is probably a good thing, although it doesn’t feel like it right now. Some people seem to be able to work very hard and also blog regularly – but I’m not one of them. I’ve intended to blog about Gaza, fundraising and plenty of other things, but the time has past and now I can’t be bothered. Just imagine something fairly well-written but not great and you’ll have the basic idea.
So, what has happened in the last week or so?
1) Lauren Laverne jogged past my this afternoon. Sadly, by the time I realised who it was, she was gone, like a blonde gazelle disappearing into the suburban savannah.
2) Across London, posters are appearing for Jimmy Osmond’s appearance in Grease. Here it is:
And whenever I see the poster, I am shocked by Donny’s incredible resemblance to Mighty Boosh character Bob Fossil, aka Rich Fulcher. Sadly, I can’t find a decent pic of Bob Fossil, so you’ll have to take my word for it.
3) I have a new jacket. I’m not sure about it. It looks like it’s leather but is in fact polyurethane, which is the poor man’s leather (or plastic, as it is sometimes known).
I quite like it, but I have to accept that wearing it with jeans and white trainers makes me look like an identikit, cloned bloke-about-town. There is nothing vaguely original about the way I look. Even the beard is generic. Still, I am in a phase of life where I’d rather look mildly trendy and anonymous than like a tramp. Oh, how the young me would weep. Except that I still look like a bit of a tramp.
4) It’s getting cold again. Which is rubbish.
5) I am cooking a lot of chicken soup. It’s good.